Chinese restaurant is accused of serving human FEET to diners in Italy
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Gruesome picture shows what looks like two severed human feet in a blue bowl
- Surfaced after a diner went with friends to a restaurant in Padua, northern Italy
- Waiter later posted grim image claiming it was the meat used in dish he served
A Chinese restaurant has been accused of serving human feet after a waiter posted a gruesome picture - allegedly taken in its kitchen - on social media.
The grim photo shows what looks like two severed and partially decomposed human feet in a blue bowl.
It surfaced after a diner from Slovenia went with friends to a restaurant in Padua, in northern Italy and asked for the Chinese delicacy of bear paws.
The waiter, who was not named in reports, claims his picture of human feet were the 'bear paws' that were later served to the Slovenian and his friends.
After seeing the disturbing picture on social media, a regular Italian customer reported it to the authorities.
- Gruesome discovery as a severed FINGER is found in toilets at a Sydney beach - before social media sleuths reunite the body part with its owner
- Revealed: The millions of stomach-churning bacteria lurking in YOUR hair, skin, lungs, gut and mouth - and why
- Kings of the jungle, butchered so their paws and HEADS can be used in black magic rituals: Three lions are just the latest to be poisoned and decapitated for cruel trade
Police and food standards officials inspected the restaurant and found 55lbs of meat and frozen fish of doubtful origin.
They also found dirt and grease all over the refrigerators, on the floors and on the oven, reports said.
Packages of frog legs and crab meat were reportedly found to be well beyond their expiry dates.
Police have consulted a forensic pathologist about the feet picture, who said they appeared human, and say they are still investigating the image's origin.
The restaurant's legal status and whether it is still operating are unclear.'I love you mom': Crying 18-year-old reaches through barred jail window to hold hands with the...